Greenhouse Ventilation: Air Scrubbers and Air Filtration
Do you need odor control for your greenhouse or indoor grow?
Greenhouse air scrubbers are a type of ventilation that may be installed to diffuse odors. They consist of carbon filters installed in ducting. Carbon filters must be sized appropriately in consideration of fan capacity (CFMs). Simple air filters and HEPA are less effective than carbon filters but can still aid in odor reduction and keeping the air clean and free of dust and impurities.
Odor reduction systems can be costly, some growers may choose to prevent odors by sealing the greenhouse and relying on advanced automated climate control systems instead of filtering odor from exhaust air. This is not ideal in all cases such as greenhouses that utilize natural ventilation and can encourage the build-up of dust and pathogens. Having a fully automated climate control greenhouse is also very expensive, and some localities will require growers to implement odor control measures such as greenhouse air scrubbers.
Quest H5 HEPA Air Mover - 120 Volt
- Phresh Filters Fits anywhere you need HEPA filtered air
- Can dial the air circulation from 250 to 500 cu ft per minute of particle-free air
- Has 2 GFCI outlets onboard for daisy-chaining other fans or small equipment
- Change filters between grows
- 120 V, 2.4 Amps
Phresh Filters Carbon Filters
- Aluminum tops and bases for reduced weight
- Half the weight of other filters
- 46 mm (1.8 in) RC-4/8 activated, certified virgin carbon bed
- Machine packed carbon means more carbon and less movement
- Cone-shaped internal base for optimum airflow
- 51% open air custom mesh
- Unique anti-air bypass system
- Large selection of sizes available to fit any application
- Flange and pre-filter included
- Greenhouse air intake carbon filter version